During this step you will be adjusting the tension on the X-axis to ensure that the machine performs appropriately.
- 11mm open end wrench
- Socket wrench
- 7mm deep socket
- M3x6 flat head screw (riser plate covers) x 17
- Tension X-Axis Belt
- The belt for the X-axis is shipped in a non-tensioned state due to fluctuations in temperature during shipping. Properly tensioning the belts will ensure that your X-Carve Pro performs appropriately and will increase the life of the belts.
On the Y1 side of the gantry, place the socket wrench w/ 7mm deep socket over the black nut connected to the eccentric spacer located between the 2 pulleys.
With your other hand, place the 11mm open end wrench on the nut located below the screw with the 7mm deep socket. Gently loosen the black nut with the 7mm deep socket while holding the nut securely with the 11mm open end wrench.
- Readjust the tension on the belt by rotating the 11mm open end wrench counter-clockwise, and nut counterclockwise until the belt is tight to 56N +/- 10N (there should be a little give in the belt when you push on it with your finger). Follow the images below:
- The machine is delivered with zero tension. The point of the larger, silver, hex head closest to the edge of the tensioner pulley is your zero tension reference position and should be perpendicular to the belt, as pictured here:
- Rotate the 11mm open-end wrench clockwise to apply tension on the belt. Position the tensioner pulley between 60° - 90°, as shown in the shaded portion of the diagram, for the recommended amount of belt tension:
- The yellow dot in the animation below indicates the zero tension reference position.
- Once the belt is tight, continue holding the silver tensioning nut with the 11mm open-end wrench in place, tighten the black nut with the 7mm deep socket.
NOTE: Use the standard socket wrench for this operation and be sure not to over-tighten the nut. Over tightening may cause the captive screw to loose or damage the threads