During this step you will be adjusting the tension on the Y-axis to ensure that the machine performs appropriately.
- 11mm open end wrench
- 7mm open end wrench
- 2.5mm allen key
- M3x6 flat head screw x 10
- Arrange Y-Axes.
- Arrange the Y-axes on your table, ensuring that they are placed on the outside of the crossmembers. Keep at least 56” between the Y-axes to allow for adequate space to comfortably assemble the frame.
NOTE: The Y1 end of the gantry extends past the end of the machine by 8 inches (200mm). Ensure that there is at least 12 inches (300mm) of space at the back of the machine to allow your gantry room to move safely.
NOTE: The Y-axes should be arranged so the linear guide rails are on the outside of the machine, and the motors are at the rear of the machine.
- Tension Y1 and Y2 Axis Belts
- The belts for the Y1 and Y2 axes are shipped in a non-tensioned state due to fluctuations in temperature during shipping. Properly tensioning the belts will ensure that your X-Carve Pro performs appropriately and will increase the life of the belts.
- If the silver adapter plates attached to the linear guides are at the rear of the Y-axes, gently pull them away from the back and toward the front to provide access to the motor.
- Place the 7mm open end wrench on the backside of the eccentric pulley over the nut (behind the black plate) and place the 11mm open end wrench on the nut.
-Loosen the screw with a 2.5mm allen key until slightly loose. With your hands on the wrenches, rotate the 11mm wrench and nut counterclockwise until the belt is tight to 56N +/- 10N (there should be a little give in the belt when you push on it with your finger). Once the belt is tight, tighten the screw with a 2.5mm allen key while holding the pulley nuts with open end wrenches in place.
- Tension Y2 Axis Belt
- Repeat this process for the Y2 axis.
- Attach Y-Axis End Plates
- Using a 2.5mm allen key, install 5x M3x6 flat head screws into each end cap. The end cap covers are located at the bottom of the drag chain section in the first level of packaging.
NOTE: Do not over-tighten the M3x6 flat head screws as doing so may lead to the stripping screws.